javascript
Brief description  about Online courses   join in Online courses
View Mohamed Irfan  Mohamed Refai 's Profile

Microcontroller VS Microprocessor

Hi,

I find it hard to make a clear cut difference between uP and uC. Can you help me with examples.
Asked by Mohamed Irfan Mohamed Refai | Dec 10, 2013 |  Reply now
Replies (5)
View minakshi sondule sondule 's Profile
Difference between Microprocessor and Microcontroller

1.Microprocessor is heart of Computer system. & Micro Controller is a heart of embedded system.
2.It is just a processor. Memory and I/O components have to be connected externally & Micro controller has external processor along with internal memory and i/O components
Nov 6, 2018
View divya tripathi 's Profile

The Microcontroller is one kind of simple computer on a single integrated circuit (IC). It includes RAM, ROM, processor core, I/O pins committed to doing numerous task.
The Microprocessor is one type of simple electronic or computer devices which stores and process the data, not a desktop or computer hardware include one or few Integrated Circuits.

You may Visit to CETPA Infotech and get the Embedded system training classes with the highly qualified Trainer.
To Know more details visit the :- http://www.cetpainfotech.com/technology/embedded-system

Oct 11, 2018
View sharon maxwell 's Profile
Visit the CETPA Infotech and get the Embedded system training classes with the highly qualified mentor.
To Know more details visit the :- http://www.cetpainfotech.com/technology/embedded-system
Aug 22, 2017
View danish sualeh 's Profile
To make one point more clear:
Microprocessors have no in-built Memory for storing program and data. External memory (RAM, ROM) has to be installed on the circuit board(called motherboard in case of PCs). In microcontrollers memory (RAM, ROM) is part of the IC itself, therefore in-built.
Dec 20, 2013
View danish sualeh 's Profile
First of all microprocessors are more suited for general purpose applications (such as PCs, tablets, cell phones, servers). Microcontrollers on the other hand are used in situations for a dedicated set of tasks such as those used for control functions of washing machines, remote control, car engines, etc.

Microprocessors have a much more complex architecture than microcontrollers and therefore have more processing power and operate at higher clock speeds.

Most importantly, microprocessors have no in-built RAM memory in their IC chip (do confuse this memory with cache) for storing data and program instructions. Therefore external memory (RAM) has to be installed in the circuit board along with the microprocessor and input/output peripherals are connected to the circuit board.
Dec 20, 2013