javascript
Sign in to follow 's advice will appear in your account when you log in. Follow specific Community Members and never miss out on their views and insights. Build a group of Members who you want to listen to.
Email:       Password:  
Don't have SiliconIndia account? Sign up    Forgot your password? Reset
Close
Ask Arjun Pillai for Advice
If your advice request is relevant to other Community members, our Editorial team may choose to send this request to all Experts to attract a wider range of answers and share them with the Community. Rest Assured, we will protect your privacy (unless you recommend otherwise).
Advice Request
Arjun Pillai
Arjun Pillai

Arjun Pillai

Co-Founder & CEO

Profoundis Labs

twitter
facebook
Articles  (1)

Arjun Pillai is a member of:

- Expert
Tell us about your company
Profoundis Labs Pvt. Ltd was officially founded in early 2012 though the thought process tracks back to mid 2011. The founding team (of 4) has our own strengths and supplements each other. We are looking for good resources to build more competency. Our core technologies include Python and Javascript.

Profoundis offers more efficient, scalable, customisable & affordable Enterprise Business Intelligence and ERP Solutions for the Small and Medium
scale Enterprises. Profoundis enables SME/Bs to optimize their Enterprise & Business Operations by bringing in more efficient intelligence into their business.
Leadership Qualities
It is all about Selling : I’m not telling that technology end is irrelevant, but it would attribute to 20 percent. The rest 80 percent is about making the customers/clients pay and buy your product or service (Believe me, it is tough). Most of the Startups starts with a technology perspective. The sooner it changes to Sales perspective the better. The simple way to do this is to get out of your office, sweat a little and talk with as many potential Customers/Clients as possible. (Don’t wait till you complete your product/service)
Experience with Investors
My company has not yet tried for an explicit Investment. We received offers from some interested investors. From our experience, for a Startup, the team and attitude of the team are the most important factors. Ofcourse, the ‘Big idea’ and competency of the team for execution will follow.

Decide whether you really need money. If you need,, then decide as to how much you need. Over-raising and under-raising – both are bad for businesses. Being a Startup, have faith and value in your equity. If you don’t have, then who will.
Culture of the company
My Company is an equal opportunity, open minded and flexible organization. We believe in the Synergy of people as a team rather than individuals. Though, all of us wear all hats at some point of time, the team has carefully divided our roles and responsibilities amongst us.

We look for enthusiasm and pro-activeness as the qualities for our new recruits. The team members get to deal with a lot of innovative and challenging opportunities along with flexibility.
Company you admire
IBM – For its prolonged Sustenance and Supremacy & Brand in their Business Realm
Advise to young Entrepreneurs
Being an Entrepreneur is a State of mind than a career. Enjoy each & every second and your company will succeed.
Most viewed stories - Don't Miss (1-5 of 15)
Campus Recruiter at NTT DATA
NTT DATA Global Delivery Services
Director
CALL10
Assistant Systems Engineer
Tata Consultancy Services(TCS)
service
Raya green tea
Tolani Institute of Management Studies