Browse by year:
The Smart Techie was renamed Siliconindia India Edition starting Feb 2012 to continue the nearly two decade track record of excellence of our US edition.

Vendors face Challenge if scalability Fails

Surjit Lahiri
Vice President , Projects-Mindteck
Sunday, August 5, 2012
Surjit Lahiri
Surjit Lahiri is the Vice President for Projects in the verticals of energy, semiconductor manufacturing and storage verticals at Mindteck. Mindteck is a global product engineering and IT solutions company that provides end-to-end services to a Global 2000 and public sector clientele, which is listed on Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE 517344). With over 10 years of experience in verticals such as Life Sciences, Smart Energy, Banking
Financial Services and Insurance, Semiconductor and Public Sector Mindteck has helped many of the world’s top 2,000 companies with end-to-end technology services. They lay emphasis on solving business critical issues of clients through a blend of engineering capability and an analytical approach. With two decades of professional experience, Surjit comes from a very hardcore product engineering background. Under his leadership the company has expanded their growth into diverse areas such as home automation, smart energy and smart communication systems to name a few. Lahiri is in charge of enabling sales and to increase the competency level of the delivery organization for any new set of services. In a conversation with Surjit Lahiri, he shares his views on major factors that drive the trends in the industry.

Trends in the Industry

One of the major factors which influence the trend within the industry is the democratization of the tools which were earlier in the purview of large organizations. Only 20 percent of the data available can be used for analytics and data mining. The rest 80 percent exists in an unstructured format. Open source platforms like adobe for example democratize the tools of the production thus allowing clients to escape getting locked in with the traditional systems and hence facilitating large scale jobs. The network has evolved from wired, to wireless to currently low power wireless, which develops into a new type of ecosystem called a smartgrid and the technology derived from this field opens up the possibility of machine to machine communication. This empowers clients to finish their work within their budget and to deliver results way before the eleventh hour.

Preparing customers who could not sell their products in the quantum to package their assets in a way by which they could access a larger client base is the method which is currently incorporated to increase the profits of the industry. Taking the hi-tech vertical as an example, the company visualizes it as four sectors i.e., computing, storage, network and devices. All these sectors have singly evolved into different assets of technology and the cost cutting aspects are actually the tools which help the industry to predict the future trends.

Share on Twitter
Share on LinkedIn
Share on facebook