siliconindia logo
Facebook Twitter google+ RSS Feed

Promising but no conclusive leads in Delhi blast: Chidambaram

Friday, 09 September 2011, 11:25 Hrs   |    1 Comments
Printer Print Email Email
New Delhi: Home Minister P. Chidambaram Friday said there were ''promising'' but no conclusive leads in the Delhi High Court blast so far but investigators have taken into custody the person suspected to have sent the e-mail from Jammu and Kashmir owning responsibility for the terror attack.

"There are promising leads but I cannot call them conclusive leads. They are being pursued round the clock," Chidambaram told reporters about the progress of the probe into the bombing that killed 13 people and injured over 90 others.

He said the forensic experts were corroborating their findings about the nature of the explosives used in the powerful bomb that exploded outside the Delhi High Court on a busy Wednesday. "Preliminary findings of forensic experts indicate nitrate-based explosives were used.

"These findings are being reconciled to know the exact nature of the explosives," the minister said, indicating that investigators were yet to make any major headway in cracking the third worst attack in India since the November 2008 Mumbai strike.

He said the investigators have traced the e-mail attributed to the Harkat-ul-Jehadi Islami (HuJI) to an internet cafe in Jammu and Kashmir's Kishtwar district. "The person suspected of sending the e-mail has been taken into custody for interrogation. We will have to wait for the report (after questioning of the suspect)," Chidambaram said.
Source: IANS
Experts on SiliconIndia
Santhosh  K
Sr. Soft. Engg.
Oracle India
Nehal Vyas
Sr. Team Lead
Cyberoam Tech.
Rani Malli
Sr. Director
Philips
Sr. Executive
ISB
Vijay Balkrishna Konduskar
Business Consultant
Imans Web Tech
Dr L P  Sharma
Technical Director
NIC
Reena Khanna
Founder
Solitaireworld
Dellas  Asse
sys-network admin
Computer Station
Sign Up for DailyDose and Read the Day's Highlights
Follow SiliconIndia :
Write your comment now
Submit Reset
Reader's comments(1)
1: The security of cities is under the purview of state governments, who have only paltry policemen, majority of who are deployed on duties other than their beat responsibilities in the community areas. The experts like SAG, NIA, CBI, IB, ED are all at the disposal of the Center. Even if we earmark one person as in charge of the security in every city (mayor) there will be no resources to implement any security scheme.

Further the computer resources required to correlate multilevel information from numerous resources are not available. The software to assist detection is a far cry.

But we should begin somewhere
Posted by:mike rana - 09 Sep, 2011