Aswini Kumar Sahoo
IBM India Pvt Ltd
Aswini Kumar Sahoo is a member of:
Aswini Kumar Sahoo's Advice
Nothing is invincible in this world
There are solutions to every problem if anybody diligently looks for it. And nothing is invincible in this world if we strive to achieve it. I came... more>>
I am always true to myself. I do my job sincerely and always try to do with minimal error. I am a perfectionist. I love to be organized and follow some methodical approach in my life. I believe in myself. I think if you are true and honest to yourself, everything good will follow suit. This is my mantra of growing in my life.
Also I follow my instinct like what I love to do. I love to play Hindustani flute which gives me immense peace of mind. I do Yoga to keep my inner and outer body fit.
My strongest skill
I am hard working and sincere. I love to share my knowledge with my colleagues without any hesitation. I am a very good team player.
Brief description about me
I am working as a SAP consultant at IBM India pvt ltd. I have completed 10 years in software industry. I started with TCS, then joined Wipro and currently in IBM for last 3.5 years. I am from Bhubaneswar, Orissa and currently settled in Bangalore. I have come from a very humble family. My father was a small scale family. My hubby is book reading especially self help books, playing flute, listening to music. I don't believe in Gods, caste, religion, quota systems, politics and language barriers. I believe in humanity and human values. I am an ardent follower of Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam, Atal Bihari Vajpayee. I love the concepts of Buddhism. I love Bhagvad Gita. I follow our own Ancient traditions like Yoga and Ayurveda.
Qualities needed to become a successful leader
1. Sincerity and honesty.
2. Clear vision.
3. Believe in him/herself.
4. Great attitude.
5. Never dying spirit and should have the courage to digest failures and overcome it.
5. Above all a good human being, should be able to understand human values.
Important lesson learned
There are solutions to every problem if anybody diligently looks for it. And nothing is invincible in this world if we strive to achieve it. I came from a poor family where my father was hardly able to meet both the ends. But he was very honest to his profession, to his family and to the society. I liked those qualities and inherited it from my father and mother. I was a bright student from my childhood. I always had a vision to achieve in my life in a right way. Lots of hindrance came in my when I was studying but I was rock steady. I drew inspiration from my mother to not to lose sight from my goal in life. I struggled a lot but it made me as a better human being. With undue support from my parents and my well wishers, I was able to complete my study. With grace of almighty, I got my first job in TCS. I had a great affinity towards music and to learn an instrument from my childhood. But could not be able to do it due to lack of money. I am currently learning Flute, my passion.
Coming from a very poor family, my father was not able to afford a bicycle for me. Now as part of my profession, I travel abroad for my project assignments, have received many appreciation and accolades in my career. When I see my father smiling by seeing all these, I think that is my best reward. When I took my parents in the flight from Bangalore to Bhubaneswar and saw them dancing like child, I felt that was the best achievement in my life.
Couple of years from now
It doesn't matter to me. All I want is to see myself as a successful person, whatever years down the line. I have got one life and I don't want to regret anything in my life. I want to die as a good human being. And yes, my ambition to see India as a powerful and the most adorable land in this whole world.I want to see a matured and civilized India, not like current India.
Thoughts on Education system of our country
1. Education should be based on values. We are losing the values day by day due to lack of visionary leaders. The education system should be designed to do all round developments in the students.
2. Quota system should be abolished.
3. That country is the greatest where it gives the most values to the teachers. Because they are the machines which build human beings. They should not be engaged in any other kinds of activities like election works, mid day meals etc. They should be engaged only and only for teaching and teaching for the high standards. They should be paid highly, highest standards should be exercised to select the teachers.
4. Education should be freed from commercialization.
5. One's merit should be taken into the account solely and not the money, power or caste / religions.
6. Good environment and infrastructures should be in place for the schools and colleges.
India is the land of Nalanda and Takshasila. We should not forget about that.
Initiative to develop a country
It is the professionals who is the current face of India. Not the politicians. As professionals we have done our jobs in corporate and now the time has come to join the politics to drive India in a right way to make it one of the best countries in the world. But it is the job of you guys to build that path. Without your support, it is not at all possible.
My role model
1. Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam ->No need to mention about him. He is my idol.
2. Atal Bihari Vajpayee -> Had he been the prime minister of India for 30 years, India would have been a different country. An honest politician, a visionary, a true leader and a perfect human being. Above all a true Indian.
Degree that I recommend
Nothing special. Do what you love to do and do with passion. Rest will follow.
More about myself
India was known as the Great Land of Knowledge. It is the only land where we have understood the secret of life, the Brahma / Atman. But now, we have lost everything. Everybody has become materialistic. But for how many days will this continue? This is not our base. It needs to be rediscovered. We have to bring back our lost heritage. We have to bring back our value systems. We have to fight for it.
1. Lord Buddha. Ahimsa Parama Dharma. Expectation is the cause of all sorrows. No cravings, no misery. These words are so simple yet so true and powerful.
2. Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam - Man with a vision and is having wings of fire, having greatest and powerful dreams. The small town boy from Tamilnadu, became the missile man of India and has been the greatest President of India. Though how humble he is. Nothing touched him. He is the greatest inspiration for me.
3. Atal Bihari Vajpayee - A great leader, a true statesman, a great poet and above all a great human being.
I had faced many huddles in my life as a student. But never gave up and decided to do higher studies whatever the situation might be. I had seen many failures in my life but always learnt from my mistakes.
My family background
I have already told a lot about myself. I love to be humble and to lead a very simple and successful life. I adore my parents, my uncle. I have got a very kind and supportive wife. I have one daughter, the best gift in my life.