- These Terms may be updated by us and the Terms, as amended from time to time, will apply to you. These Terms expressly supersede any prior written agreement with you.
- These terms and conditions (“Terms”) govern the access to, or use of the services made available through this website (collectively the “Platform”).
- These Terms constitute a binding and enforceable legal contract between SILICONMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD, a company incorporated under the Companies Act, 1956, with its registered address at NO.124, 2ND FLOOR, SOUTH BLOCK, SURYA CHAMBERS, OLD AIRPORT ROAD, MURUGESHPALYA, BANGALORE-560017, Karnataka India, and its affiliates, successors, and assigns (“SiliconMedia Technologies Pvt Ltd”, “we”, or “us”) and any user of the Platform (“you” or “User”). You represent and warrant that you have full legal capacity and authority to agree and bind yourself to these Terms.
- These Terms also include terms, policies, and disclaimers issued by us from time to time (“Additional Terms”). In the event of a conflict between these Terms and the Additional Terms, the Additional Terms will prevail.
- By using the Platform, you agree that you have read, understood, and are bound by these Terms, and that you comply with the requirements listed herein. If you do not agree to all of these Terms or comply with the requirements herein, please do not access the Platform.
- In the event you choose to avail any of SILICONMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD’s additional features or functions (“Additional Services”), you shall be bound by the terms of such Additional Services in addition to these Terms. In the event of a conflict between these Terms and the terms of such Additional Services, the latter shall prevail.
- The Platform includes the provision of news and current affairs content and other affiliated services to Users and allows Users to access and view content posted or published by SILICONMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD on a real-time basis.
- You agree to receive communications from SILICONMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD regarding: (i) information relating to transactions recorded on the Platform; (ii) information about SILICONMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD and the Platform; (iii) promotional offers and services from SILICONMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD and its third-party partners, and (iv) any other matter in relation to the Platform.
- To avail the full features of the Services, you will be required to share the required information and furnish certain details, including but not limited to your name and email addresses.
Third Party Services
- SILICONMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD makes no representations and excludes all warranties and liabilities arising out of or pertaining to such Third Party Services, including their accuracy or completeness. Further, all intellectual property rights in and to Third Party Services are the property of the respective third parties.
- The Platform may include services, content, documents, and information owned by, licensed to, or otherwise made available by a third party, including the single sign-on feature (“Third Party Services”) or contain links to Third Party Services. You understand that Third Party Services are the responsibility of the third party that created or provided it and acknowledge that use of such Third Party Services is solely at your own risk.
- You represent and warrant that all information that you provide or make available through or in relation to the Platform is complete, true, and correct on the date of agreeing to these Terms and shall continue to be complete, true, and correct and shall remain accurate in all respects. Should any information that you provide change during the existence of these Terms, you warrant to immediately bring such change to SILICONMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD’s notice. SILICONMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD does not accept any responsibility or liability for any loss or damage that you may suffer or incur if any information, documentation, material, or data provided to avail the Platform is incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, or misleading, or if you fail to disclose any material fact.
- Engage in the systematic retrieval of content from the Platform to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database or directory.
- You shall extend all cooperation to SILICONMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD in its defence of any proceedings that may be initiated against it due to a breach of your obligations or covenants under these Terms.
- You shall be solely responsible for ensuring compliance with laws that apply to your use of the Platform and solely liable for any liability that may arise due to a breach of your obligations in this regard.
- You shall not use the Platform in any manner except as expressly permitted in these Terms. Without limiting the generality of the preceding sentence, you may not:
- Infringe any proprietary rights, including but not limited to copyrights, patents, trademarks, or trade secrets, of any party.
- Except as may be provided hereunder, copy, display, distribute, modify, publish, reproduce, store, transmit, post, translate, create any derivative works from, or license the Platform.
- Use the Platform to transmit any data or send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, timebombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware, or any other harmful programmes or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- Use any robot, spider, other automated device, or manual process to monitor or copy the Platform or any portion thereof.
- Use the Platform in (A) in any manner inconsistent with these Terms, (B) for fraudulent or malicious activities, or (C) any unlawful manner.
- Violate applicable laws in any manner; or
- Host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, store, update or share any information that (A) is harmful to children; (B) is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, paedophilic, invasive of another's privacy, including bodily privacy, insulting or harassing on the basis of gender, libellous, racially or ethnically objectionable, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise inconsistent with or contrary to the laws in force; (C) belongs to another person and to which you do not have any right; (D) deceives or misleads the addressee about the origin of the message or knowingly and intentionally communicates any information which is patently false or misleading in nature but may reasonably be perceived as a fact; (E) contains software virus or any other computer code, file, or programme designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer resource; (F) violates any law for the time being in force; (G) threatens the unity, integrity, defence, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order, or causes incitement to the commission of any cognisable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting other nation; (H) impersonates another person; or (I) is patently false and untrue, and is written or published in any form, with the intent to mislead or harass a person, (J) infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights; entity or agency for financial gain or to cause any injury to any person
SILICONMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD does not presently charge you any fees to access and use the Platform. However, SILICONMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD reserves the right to charge you for Additional Services as detailed on the Platform.
- o All rights, title, and interest in and to the Platform, including all intellectual property rights arising out of the Platform, are owned by or otherwise licensed to SILICONMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD. Subject to compliance with these Terms, SILICONMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sub licensable, revocable, and limited licence to access and use the Platform in accordance with these Terms and its written instructions issued from time to time.
- The User hereby grants to SILICONMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, fully sublicensable right and licence to copy, modify, display, distribute, perform, create derivative works from, store and otherwise use and exploit, all User Information, in any form through any media, software, or technology, in connection with: (a) providing Users the Platform; or (b) making available User Information on or in connection with the websites and other properties owned and operated by SILICONMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD. SILICONMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD makes no claim to any ownership interest in the User Information obtained from a User under these Terms, and no ownership rights will be transferred under this Agreement.
- You may submit or make available to SILICONMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD content, videos, information, URLs, contact information, photos, and any other information, whether or not created originally by you (“User Information”). You are solely responsible for such User Information, and hereby warrant that you have all necessary rights, licences, title, and consents to make available User Information to SILICONMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD, and that the provision of such User Information to SILICONMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD shall not violate any third-party rights.
- SILICONMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD may request you to, or you may submit suggestions, testimonials, and other feedback relating to the Platform from time to time (“Feedback”). SILICONMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD may freely use, copy, disclose, publish, display, distribute, and exploit the Feedback without any payment of royalty, acknowledgement, prior consent, or any other form of restriction arising out of your intellectual property rights.
- Except as expressly stated in these Terms, nothing in these Terms should be construed as conferring any right in or licence to SILICONMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD’s or any third party’s intellectual rights
Term and Termination
- These Terms shall remain in effect unless terminated in accordance with the terms hereunder.
- SILICONMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD may terminate your access to or use of the Platform, or any portion thereof, immediately and at any point, at its sole discretion if you violate or breach any of your obligations, responsibilities, or covenants under these Terms.
- Upon termination under Clause 7(b):
- you shall not be eligible to avail any of the Platform; and
- these Terms shall terminate, except for those clauses that expressly or are intended to survive termination or expiry.
DISCLAIMERS AND WARRANTIES
- The use of the Platform is at your sole risk.
- SILICONMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD does not represent you in any fiduciary, agent, attorney-client, or any other capacity whatsoever and the use of the Platform does not create, by implication or otherwise and without limitation, any fiduciary duty, attorney-client relationship, representation, or any other sort of professional relationship or representation whatsoever. The Platform does not constitute legal advice. Any information provided by SILICONMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD, or its employees, contractors, or other personnel is solely for informational purposes and are not legal advice and should not be treated as such.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, the Platform is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. SILICONMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD does not warrant that the operation of the Platform will be uninterrupted or error free or that the functions contained in the Platform will meet your requirements. We may suspend or withdraw any or all parts of the Platform at any time without notice to you.
- You hereby accept full responsibility for any consequences that may arise from your use of the Platform, and expressly agree and acknowledge that SILICONMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD shall have absolutely no liability with respect to the same.
- To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, SILICONMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, express or implied, arising out of the Platform, including warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, satisfactory quality, accuracy, title and non-infringement, compatibility, applicability, usability, appropriateness, and any warranty that may arise out of course of performance, course of dealing, or usage of trade.
- To the fullest extent permissible by law, SILICONMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD and its related parties each disclaim all liability for any loss or damage arising out of or due to:
- your use of, inability to use, or availability or unavailability of the Platform or User Information, including any Third Party Services;
- the occurrence or existence of any defect, interruption, or delays in the operation or transmission of information to, from, or through the Platform, communications failure, theft, destruction or unauthorised access to SILICONMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD’s records, programmes, services, server, or other infrastructure relating to the Platform; or
- the failure of the Platform to remain operational for any period of time.
- SILICONMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD strives to primarily publish and disseminate news and current affairs content. Except as otherwise required by applicable laws, SILICONMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD performs no technical, legal, financial, or any other type of due diligence on such and makes no representations or warranties in this regard. SILICONMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD does not guarantee whether a particular news or current affairs content on the Platform is suitable for or will meet the expectations of Users. SILICONMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD is not responsible for the truthfulness, accuracy, or completeness of such news and current affairs content.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, neither SILICONMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD nor any of its related parties shall have any liability to you or any third party for any indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages or any loss of revenue or profits arising under, directly or indirectly, or relating, in any manner whatsoever, to these Terms or the Platform. To the maximum extent permitted by law, you agree to waive, release, discharge, and hold harmless SILICONMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD, its affiliated and subsidiary companies, its parent companies, and each of their directors, officers, employees, and agents, from any and all claims, losses, damages, liabilities, expenses and causes of action arising out of the Platform.
- Any material or information provided, shared, or otherwise available through the Platform is for informational purposes only. You should not rely upon such material or information for making any business, legal, medical, financial, or other decisions. Any reliance you place upon such material or information is therefore strictly at your own account and risk. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking or refraining from taking any action on the basis of information made available on the Platform.
- You shall indemnify, defend at SILICONMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD’s option, and hold SILICONMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD, its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their officers, associates, successors, assigns, licensors, employees, directors, agents, and representatives, harmless from and against any claim, demand, lawsuits, judicial proceeding, losses, liabilities, damages and costs (including, without limitation, from all damages, liabilities, settlements, costs and attorneys’ fees) due to or arising out of your access to or use of the Platform, violation of these Terms, or any infringement by any third party who may use your account with SILICONMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD, of these Terms.
- SILICONMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD’s aggregate monetary liability to you shall not exceed INR 1000.
CONSENT TO USE DATA
- You agree that SILICONMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD may collect and use your information and technical data and related information.
- SILICONMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD may use information and data pertaining to your use of the Platform for analytics, trends’ identification, and purposes of statistics to further enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the Platform.
- Subject to applicable laws, SILICONMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD may be directed by law enforcement agencies or the government and related bodies to disclose data in relation to Users in connection with criminal proceedings. You hereby agree and acknowledge that in SILICONMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD shall have the right to share such data with relevant agencies or bodies.
SILICONMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD reserves the right to, at any time, add, modify, or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Platform (or any part thereof) with or without cause. Platform shall not be liable for any such addition, modification, suspension, or discontinuation of the Platform.
GOVERNING LAW, JURISDICTION, AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION
- These Terms shall be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of India. Subject to other provisions in this Clause, courts in Bangalore shall have exclusive jurisdiction over all issues arising out of these Terms or the use of the Platform.
- Each party to the arbitration shall bear its own costs with respect to any dispute.
- Modification of Terms: SILICONMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD reserves the right at any time to modify these Terms and to add new or additional terms or conditions on the access to or use of the Platform. Such modifications and additional terms and conditions will be communicated to you. In the event you refuse to accept such changes, these Terms will terminate.
- Grievance Redressal: You may contact our grievance redressal officer with any complaints or queries relating to the Platform through email, the details of which are provided below:
Name: Pooranchandra Pattar
Designation: Legal Advisor
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Severability: If any provision of these Terms is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful or unenforceable, the other provisions of these Terms will continue in effect. If any unlawful or unenforceable provision would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect (unless that would contradict the clear intention of the clause, in which case the entirety of the relevant provision will be deemed to be deleted).
- Assignment: You shall not license, sell, transfer, or assign your rights, obligations, or covenants under these Terms in any manner without SILICONMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD’s prior written consent. SILICONMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD may grant or withhold this consent in its sole discretion and subject to any conditions it deems appropriate. SILICONMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD may assign its rights to any of its affiliates, subsidiaries, or parent companies, or to any successor in interest of any business associated with the Platform without any prior notice to you.
- Notices: All notices, requests, demands, and determinations for SILICONMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD under these Terms (other than routine operational communications) shall be sent to email@example.com.
- Third Party Rights: No third party shall have any rights to enforce any terms contained herein.
- Waiver: Any delay in the exercise of rights and remedies available under the Terms does not constitute a waiver of that or any other right or remedy.
- Force Majeure: SILICONMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD will have no liability to you if we are prevented or delayed from performing our obligations or carrying out our business by acts, events, or omissions beyond our reasonable control including without limitation strikes, labour disputes, failure of utility service or telecommunications network, act of God, war, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage, or compliance with any law or governmental order, rule, regulation, or direction.
This website collects personally identifying information and data about individuals, their company, and their company's demographics (personally identifying information and data) including (i) when you provide information to us, such as when you register or sign up for any of our products such as subscriptions, e-mails, newsletters, memberships, RSS Feeds, White Papers, conferences and other communications with the Publisher, (ii) when you register for any other Silicon India products individually, your information will be known to the publisher and (iii) from time to time we may add other information that we collect from third party sources to enhance the information that you provided to the Publisher.
Although we will endeavour to require third-party content providers and other parties to adhere to our policies, we are not responsible for any actions or policies of any third parties or for the information practices of any third-party sites to which links may be provided in the Site.
Collection Of Information
In various ways we collect information that is volunteered by visitors to our site. Certain identifying information, such as name, street address, city, state, zip code and email address,is gathered at certain interactive areas on the site, such as when you subscribe to our print or digital publication while online. Wherever possible and practical, we give users options about submitting information.
Mobile, Telephone numbers, Postal addresses, and other personally identifying information and data may be collected from our online users (and, as applicable, our print subscribers) and may be used to promote the Publisher’s products and services, and may be rented and/or licensed to select outside firms for promotional purposes. Offers for which the personally identifying information and data are rented and/or licensed for use and the users are required to target their offers carefully. With your express consent, your mobile telephone number may be used to promote other products and services of the Publisher, as well as the products and services of other related companies. Further, your mobile phone number may, with your express consent, be used to promote the products and services of carefully chosen third parties. At any time you may "opt-out" of receiving communications via your mobile phone from the Publisher and other third parties, by writing to the address provided in the “Contact Us” section or by clicking the unsubscribe link of any individual message you may receive.
Because many phone companies recycle phone numbers, it is possible for users who purchase a new phone to receive messages that the previous owner had subscribed to or otherwise consented to receive.
You may subscribe to the print or digital version of Silicon India through the Site by following the relevant instructions on the Site. All subscription-related information is collected on the Site and stored by our fulfilment house.
Cookies and IP Addresses
IP addresses are also recorded in our log files. We may use IP addresses to analyze trends,administer the site, track users’ movement, gather broad demographic information for aggregate use, and similar purposes.
Use of the Information Collected
From time to time, we may be approached by third parties with an interest in identifying subscribers to our print or digital publication. We may provide them with our publications’ mailing list (but not e-mail addresses) if we believe the subscribers in question would be interested in hearing from them.
With respect to advertisements, an advertiser will inform us which type of audience it seeks to reach, and we may place advertisements in the Site that fit the advertiser’s criteria. Pop-up advertisements may be displayed to a targeted audience on the Site based on these criteria.The advertisers are not permitted to access your account or any of your personally identifiable information.
We also use tracking information to determine which areas of our site users like and do not like based on traffic to those areas.
We create aggregate reports on user demographics and traffic patterns for advertisers. This allows our advertisers to advertise more effectively, and allows our users to receive advertisements that are pertinent to their interests. We do not track the usage patterns of individual users, so an advertiser will never know that a specific user clicked on a particular ad.
The Site has technical and organizational security measures in place, including firewalls, to protect the information under our control from accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure, or access. Such measures do not guarantee prevention of loss, misuse, or alteration of information, however, so while we strive to protect your information, we cannot warrant the security of information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
Silicon Media Technologies Pvt Ltd believes in helping its customers as far as possible and has, therefore, a liberal cancellation policy. Under this policy:
- Cancellations will be considered only if the request is made within 24 hours of placing an order. However, the cancellation request will not be entertained if the orders have been communicated to the operational team and Operations team has initiated the process of assignment. Cancellation and refund of fees or charges will be strictly governed by the Company Refund Policy of the company informed and declared from time to time.
- There is no cancellation of orders placed under the same day delivery category.
- No cancellations are entertained for those products/services that the Contrivances Media’s marketing team has obtained on special discounts and offers on occasions like New Year, Pongal, Diwali, Independence Day, Foundation Day etc. These are limited occasion offers and therefore cancellations are not possible.
When you buy our products/services, your purchase is covered by our 24 hours money-back guarantee. If you are, for any reason, not entirely happy with your purchase, we will cheerfully issue a full refund, subject to deductions for legal documents or services provided. To request a refund under this guarantee, you must contact us within the first 24 hours of your payment. Just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll gladly refund you 100% of your fees within 24-72 hours of your refund request.
Other Information About Your Privacy
You should be aware that whenever you voluntarily disclose any information online in any bulletin board or chat room, that information can be collected and used by others. In other words, if you post personal information online that may be accessed by the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties or they may use the information in various ways. It is important to be responsible and careful whenever you are online.
Updating, Correcting, Deleting or Restricting Personal Information
If you do not want your personally identifiable information to be shared, you can choose not to allow the transfer by letting us know by e-mailing, calling, or writing us. You can also contact us if you wish to review and/or correct your personally identifiable information.