Overseas Education

Visa Requirements

USVisa Information

To enter the United Statesas a student, you must apply at a US Embassy or Consulate for a student visa.You can apply for a visa only after you receive the requisite I-20 or IAP-66form from the institution you have been accepted to.  This is a form thatis issued by the business school and is a confirmation of your admission.

The visa that you wouldrequire to study a full-time MBA program in USA would be the F-1 - StudentVisa. The F-1 visa is for full-time students enrolled in an academic orlanguage program. F-1 students may stay in the US for the full length of theiracademic program plus 60 days. F-1 students must maintain a full-time courseload and complete their studies by the expiration date listed on the I-20form. 

Canadian Student Visa

All overseas students are required to obtain a StudentAuthorization and Visa before going to Canada for studies. Students must alsomeet the requirements of the Canadian Immigration Act and Regulations. Undernormal circumstances, allow at least two months for your visa to be processed.

Visa and Student Authorization Procedure

Submit the completed application kit to theimmigration section of the Canadian High commission. Please note that all thedocuments submitted, must be either original or photocopies notarized andwitnessed by a notary public or a magistrate or the Canadian ImmigrationOfficer, and be accompanied by a duplicate copy.

New Zealand Visa Information

If you intend studying in New Zealand for more than 24months, you will need :

a) Completed New Zealand Immigration service medicaland chest X-ray certificates

b) Character clearances, which must be two originalcharacter references (if under 17 years of age), or a local police clearance(if you are 17 and over). You will be advised of the procedure for obtainingthese by the New Zealand government office.  

All these documents are essential before a studentvisa is issued. When the overseas New Zealand government office is satisfiedthat your application is complete and in order, you will be issued a studentvisa.

UAE Student Visa :

To enrol in primary, secondary or high schools aresidence visa is required. However, student visas are provided by all collegesand universities and also a few training institutes. It is preferable to checkthis before admission.

Each institution may have it's own deadline forsubmitting applications for admission. Some institutions may require alladmission procedures and fees to paid before visa issuance procedures can bestarted. Visa issuance procedure normally takes 10-30 days.

The administrative expense for a student visa willamount to AED 1,500/- for a 3 years valid visa. This amount is usually paid atthe time of registration. However, some institutions may include thisadministrative expense in their tuition fees.

Visa for Singapore

New applications must be submitted at least 2 monthsand not more than 6 months from the course commencement date. Applicants arenot required to be present in Singapore while their applications are beingconsidered. Hence, no extension of stay will be considered while theirapplications are under processing.

Successful applicants may enter Singapore to completethe formalities after applications have been approved. They will be issuedStudent’s Passes within 1 month from the commencement date of courses.

Local Sponsor is required for the application of aStudent’s Pass. The local sponsor must be a Singapore Citizen/ Singapore PRabove the age of 21 years old or the school where the applicant intends tostudy in. Companies are not allowed to act as sponsors.

UK Student Visa

Visa applications have to be made on IM2A forms, whichare available free of cost at the British Embassies. This form has to be filledup by the student and submitted to the embassy, along with the Visa applicationfee and the required documents as mentioned below.

Immigration Rules for Students

•You must intend to study ata publicly funded university or college, a bonafide private institution ora fee-paying independent school.

•You must  be able toand intend to follow a full time degree course, or a weekday, full time courseat a single institution involving at least 15 hours of organized, daytime studyper week.

•You must be able to pay foryour course and the living expenses of your  husband or wife and children(if they are with you) without working in  UK or claiming public funds.

•You must not intend to workin UK unless you are accepted for a course lasting longer than six months,when you may work part-time or during vacations.

•You must intend to leave UKat the end of your studies.

Apply online for admission