Wolverine to source more footwear from India

Tuesday, 28 January 2003, 08:00 Hrs
Printer Print Email Email
NEW DELHI: U.S.-based Wolverine Worldwide Inc., the global licensee for the Caterpillar (CAT) footwear brand and other renowned brands like Hush Puppies, Merrell and Wolverine shoes, is planning to increase its sourcing for international markets from India.

"The quality of footwear sourced in India matches the stringent quality conditions set by Wolverine Worldwide," said Dan Tencate, Caterpillar Footwear vice president of international sales and marketing for Europe and Middle East, in a statement Monday.

Some of the popular CAT footwear produced in India includes Honor, Renown, Freeway, Jab and Langley.

"With spring-summer 2003 range, CAT is introducing six more styles produced in India soon," said Tencate.

Tencate was of the view that a global footwear marketer can only be successful in India when a portion of the product requirement can be sourced from within the country.

"About 75 percent of the current year's sales target of 40,000 pairs of Caterpillar is proposed to be sourced from domestic manufacturers and the rest 25 percent is to be imported," he added.

In India, CAT footwear is mostly manufactured in southern Indian centres such as Chennai and distributed by Delhi-based Royal Sporting House.
Source: IANS
SPOTLIGHT
Ola raises Rs 400 cr for electric
Leading ride-hailing cab aggregator Ola on Friday said it raised Rs 400 crore from its early in..
Fossil Group sells smartwatch
Global watch and accessories maker Fossil Group has announced to sell its smartphone technolog..
SpiceJet plans aggressive
Budget passenger carrier SpiceJet plans to aggressively expand its international networks to fl..
GST rate cut to spur Bengaluru
The realty market in India's tech hub is set to grow as lower Goods and Services Tax (GST) rate..