Wall Street Fury Intensifies, Spreads to 5 Continents

By siliconindia   |   Monday, 17 October 2011, 10:26 Hrs
Printer Print Email Email
page1
Bangalore: What started as a small protest in Manhattan's financial district on September 17 2011, has now become a people-powered movement spread across the world. 'Occupy Wall Street' protests has now extended to over 100 cities in United States, with actions in 1500 cities, across five continents. The protests are aimed at fighting against the corrosive power of major banks and multinational corporations over the democratic process, and the role of Wall Street in creating an economic collapse that led to one of the greatest recessions in generations. Apart from U.S., the movement has seen a popular uprising in Spain, Greece, Egypt, Italy and U.K. October 16th, 2011 saw worldwide protests, a day for the masses who support the international movement in solidarity with Occupy Wall Street in making a nonviolent global revolution, as the world can no longer sponsor the richest 1percent at the expense of the remaining 99percent.

next new