Tata Steel inks deal with Vietnam Steel Corporation

Tuesday, 29 May 2007, 07:00 Hrs
Printer Print Email Email
New Delhi: Indian steel conglomerate Tata Steel Tuesday signed an agreement with Vietnam Steel Corporation (VSC) to set up a 4.5 million tonne per year plant in Vietnam's Ha Tinh province.

The agreement was signed in Hanoi between Tata Steel Managing Director B. Muthuraman and VSC President Dau Van Hung, a statement said.

The steel plant would be built over a period of 10 years with the objective of strengthening Vietnam's steel industry. The project would also aim at optimum utilisation of local resources, employment creation, technology development and earnings of foreign exchange.

In the new joint venture, Tata Steel would own a majority stake of 65 percent while VSC would hold the remaining 35 percent.

Tata Steel would also have a stake of 30 percent in the Thach Khe Iron Ore Joint Stock Company, which would undertake mining in the Thach Khe iron ore mine, the statement said.

Tata Steel, the world's sixth largest steel conglomerate, already has a joint-venture partnership with VSC in rolling mills through its Singapore based subsidiary NatSteel.
Source: IANS
SpiceJet plans aggressive
Budget passenger carrier SpiceJet plans to aggressively expand its international networks to fl..
GST rate cut to spur Bengaluru
The realty market in India's tech hub is set to grow as lower Goods and Services Tax (GST) rate..
Ola raises Rs 400 cr for electric
Leading ride-hailing cab aggregator Ola on Friday said it raised Rs 400 crore from its early in..
Fossil Group sells smartwatch
Global watch and accessories maker Fossil Group has announced to sell its smartphone technolog..