Sasken FY04 net up 1,341%

By siliconindia staff writer   |   Wednesday, 19 May 2004, 07:00 Hrs
Printer Print Email Email
NEW DELHI: Sasken Communication Technologies on Wednesday reported a whopping 1,341 per cent jump in net profit at Rs 18.3 crore for 2003-04 compared to Rs 1.27 crore in the previous fiscal.

The company posted a 52 per cent increase in revenue at Rs 166.1 crore in fiscal 2003-04 as against Rs 109.3 crore the year before, it said in a release here.

The company has declared a dividend of 25 per cent.

Sasken, a telecom software solutions provider, roped in 24 per cent of the revenues from the products business while services accounted for the rest 76 per cent.

The company hired 586 professionals during the period to take its total strength to 1,437 in 2004 from 851 in 2003. It said it also built two new facilities in Bangalore and a development centre in Pune earlier this year.

Sasken has also set up a subsidiary, Sasken Network Systems, to expand its coverage of telecom market. The subsidiary would provide consultative engineering services for service vendors and network system vendors.


SPOTLIGHT
Facebook denies cyber attack
Facebook ruled out a cyber attack on its products Whatsapp, Instagram and Messenger, which suf..
IBM announces programme
n a bid to recognise the contribution of developers in the open source community, Information ..
Google's Gboard gets offline
Google is adding an Artificially Intelligent (AI) offline dictation feature on its Gboard keyb..
Wipro opens third industrial
IT major Wipro Ltd on Thursday opened its centre of excellence for Industrial Internet of Things (..