Around 20,000 Indians lose jobs abroad, return
Facebook Twitter google+ RSS Feed

Around 20,000 Indians lose jobs abroad, return

Thursday, 26 February 2009, 10:16 Hrs   |    3 Comments
Printer Print Email Email
New Delhi: The global meltdown has forced about 20,000 Indians to return home after losing jobs abroad, the government said Thursday.

According to Minister for Overseas Indian Affairs Vayalar Ravi, there are reports which indicate that between 16,000 to 20,000 Indians have come back to India after the economic slowdown forced companies across the world to downsize.

"However, we do not have the exact figure of people who have returned," Ravi told Rajya Sabha during question hour.
Source: IANS
Experts on SiliconIndia
Santhosh  K
Sr. Soft. Engg.
Oracle India
Nehal Vyas
Sr. Team Lead
Cyberoam Tech.
Rani Malli
Sr. Director
Philips
Sr. Executive
ISB
Vijay Balkrishna Konduskar
Business Consultant
Imans Web Tech
Dr L P  Sharma
Technical Director
NIC
Reena Khanna
Founder
Solitaireworld
Dellas  Asse
sys-network admin
Computer Station
Write your comment now
Submit Reset
Reader's comments(3)
1: If this goes on Indian unemployment figures will go up and I hope this will lead to more number of entrepreneurs in India.
Posted by:Mhir - 26 Feb, 2009
2:
I am happy to read this Mhir.
Sam Replied to: Mhir - 26 Feb, 2009
3:
This is where the problem starts, more than 80% of the Indians returning to India after being layed off would run around only complaining and not think about becoming enterprenuers and in the process creating jobs within the nation. I hope atleast the rest 20% of the lot would create jobs for the 80% complaining fellas.
Ram Replied to: Mhir - 26 Feb, 2009
SPOTLIGHT