javascript
Brief description  about Online courses   join in Online courses
View asha elizabeth roy 's Profile

PHP

Sir,

Somehow i installed the wamp server, but i am not understanding how to use it. I had installed it into another folder D. And it also contains www folder and in that i saw one index.php.... So i opened that page in notepad and tried to do the example which you have shown in 1st chapter of PHP.

<?php
echo "Something is better than nothing";
?>

<?php

I also tried the example:

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<?php
$username = "Elephant";
?>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<?php
print("$username<BR>");
?>
</BODY>
</HTML>

And then i saved it in that notepad and then i tried to open it in browser. But i am not getting the output. I am getting the code itself in the browser. Whatever code i write and save in notepad, that same code is coming in browser. I cant understand how to correct it. Please do help me. I am doing in offline mode. Plz help.........I am waiting for your reply since 2 weeks.........Please respond.........
Asked by asha elizabeth roy | Feb 5, 2013 |  Reply now
Replies (1)
View sql trainer 's Profile
Hi Asha
Where ever you install wamp server in your pc just you have to go that drive and open the wamp folder then open www folder and create your own folder inside the www folder and save your php file as a extension .php in that folder what ever you create inside www folder.

One wamp server icon should be on your PC desktop just double click on this icon and open the browser type localhost in browser you will get one wamp server page on your browser in that page you wiil get one heading (Your Project) under this heading your folder name will be display what ever you created inside www folder just open that folder in browser and select your php file to see your output.
Feb 7, 2013