javascript
Brief description  about Online courses   join in Online courses
View MALAVIKA  AKHILESH 's Profile

Applet life cycle

I've a question to ask to you people, that was part of my Applet Life cycle assignment. \" Which method will help user to return to the Applet?\" I answered, start(). But it said it was the wrong answer and the correct answer is destroy().

I answered it with \"start()\" because it was clearly said in the tutorial like this \" if the user wants to return to the Applet, in this situation the start Method() of an Applet will be called by the web browser and the user will be back on the applet.\"

I would like to get an explanation for this.
Asked by MALAVIKA AKHILESH | Aug 29, 2012 |  Reply now
Replies (2)
View malavika akhilesh 's Profile
Thank you for the reply and i accept your explanation. but what is the proper answer for the question "Which method will help the user to return to the applet?"
Oct 13, 2012
View java teacher 's Profile
Start () method:

The start method of an applet is called after the initialization method init(). This method may be called multiple times when the Applet needs to be started or restarted.

For Example if the user wants to return to the Applet, in this situation the start Method() of an Applet will be called by the web browser and the user will be back on the applet.

In the start method user can interact within the applet.

destroy() method:

The destroy() method is called only one time in the life cycle of Applet like init() method.

This method is called only on that time when the browser needs to Shut down.

ok...
Aug 31, 2012