Edu-Startup GradeStack Raises Funds From Times Internet

BANGALORE: GradeStack, a Delhi based Edu-Startup, succeeded in securing an undisclosed amount of funding from Times Internet. The startup offers mobile friendly courses that can be accessed on any smart gadgets and is currently offered through its Android app. GradeStack will utilize the fund to expand their content developers and publishers base together with boosting their marketing efforts as reported by medianama.

Founded in 2013, the online course store currently offers over 30 courses and boasts of adding half a dozen new courses every month. Mentored in the TLabs’ Summer 2013 batch, the startup offers interactive education courses for GRE, CFA and CBSE educational boards. The founders of the booming venture Sanjeev Kumar and Shobhit Bhatnagar are all set to hit the 1 million-download target with the current count standing at 4 lakh. GradeStack got its first round of funding 10 lakh from Times Internet while enrolled with its mentor program.

The budding venture pays 30 percent of their profit to its associates and keeps the rest 70 percent for itself. The developers have divided the materials into separate sections namely SSC, IIT JEE, GRE and CAT allowing easy filtration of the desired material. The startup will soon be launching an iOS app for their product ensuring wider reach and access. The courses offered in freemium models and can be paid through the in-app payment gateway that needs to be downloaded and stored in the app library.

Read Also: 5 Indian Startups That Made It Big with Mobile Phone's Boom and 7 Tech Startups Exhibiting Spirit of Women Entrepreneurship In India