Bangalore Tops in Automobile Related Searches, Analytics Reveal

BENGALURU: Automobiles have captured the imagination of humans; they are a symbol of pride and often drive motivation. In the last decades of the 20th century, middle class Indians first tasted the joy of private automotive commuting through the humble Maruti 800 and the classic Ambassador brands. Cars which were until then considered as a commodity for the elite gradually began to occupy the dreams of the common Indian. As we are midway through the second decade of the 21st century, the affinity of Indians towards automobiles is reflected in their Google query patterns. The plethora of brands available in the Indian market today simply adds to their vibrancy, reports Business Standard. 

According to Google search analytics, Bangalore tops the list in automobile related search queries surpassing that of cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata. The four cities contributed about 35% of all search results for automobiles while the remaining 65% searches emerged from smaller cities and towns. Looking back, in 2015 the Indian automotive scene witnessed an increase in search queries by almost 40 percent promising positive forecasts in sales this year. Searches were split equally between desktop and Smartphone users. With reference to the statistics, the queries related to ‘used cars’ also saw a steep increase by up to 200 percent.

Read Also: Watch Out For the 5 New Green Vehicles at the Auto Expo 2016

Maruti Suzuki Unveils Concept Ignis, Concept Baleno RS