Engineering Job vs Government Job Detailed Analysis!
There are two trends among Indian Students. One is a Government Job and Another is an Engineering Job. To be specific, it is a software engineering job. However, there is also a set of students who are confused and want to decide between these two options. This confusion is also very popular among students who have got their sarkari result. Well, we have good news for them. In this article, we shall discuss a detailed comparison between Engineering Job and Government Job.
What is a Government Job in India?
The term "government" refers to the "Government of India" or a "State Government" that has a need for a specific sort of job vacancy. In other words, A government is a group of people who work together to lead a unit or community efficiently and successfully. Furthermore, The government sets and administers various policies.
Thus, there are various departments of governments. Also, the governments can be working at state level or at central level. So each government job is different. Thus, Government Job is a job which employees candidates after they qualify in the sarkari result of a competitive exam.
What is an Engineering Job?
Similar to Government Jobs in India, there are several domains in Engineering. To name a few, the most popular engineering jobs in India are -
- Aerospace Engineer
- Biomedical Engineer
- Chemical Engineer
- Civil Engineer
- Electrical Engineer
- Environmental Engineer
- Industrial Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer
- Software / Hardware Engineers
- Engineering Technician
Each engineer plays different roles as per their domain. For example, a software engineer creates and designs the software. On the other hand, A hardware engineer builds processors and other stuff. Students generally need not to get an excellent sarkari result to get the engineering job in private companies.They also work for the government in order to create edistrict websites or other apps and websites.
Reasons to choose Government Job
- Job security is the primary reason why all Indians (especially those from Uttar Pradesh and Bihar) prefer to work for the government. The general perception is that if you work for the government, no one will be able to replace you. Job security is even more vital when the entire globe is suffering as a result of Covid19.
- In the northern portion of India, even a grade 4 government job earns a person more social respect than a Project Manager in a major IT firm.
- If you are hired for a government position, the government will cover all of your expenditures, including medical, travel, and phone costs. You will not need to be concerned about your retirement.
- People can work in different domains such as online govt jobs working on edistrict portal.
Cons of Government Job
- Promotions are not given on the basis of merit. Someone in a reserved category will advance in three years, but you will advance in five. They are really depressed as a result of this.
- Your boss is unchangeable. For decades, people have been saddled with lousy employers.
- In addition, the pay is not competitive. It makes no difference whether you have a prestigious engineering degree from IIT or a correspondence degree from IGNOU. If you passed the same graduate-level test, your compensation will most likely be the same.
- Despite getting a good sarkari result, Employees who have worked for the government for ten years are often uninteresting, lethargic, overweight, and without any sense of fashion.
Jobs after sarkari results(Government Jobs) and Engineering Jobs have specific advantages and disadvantages. However, the best way is to get the blend of both these jobs. There are also engineering departments in the government sector. You can apply for them. You can also get technician jobs at government sites like edistrict.
Read More News :