Cricket night? Here are 7 ways to make it more interesting
Cricket is not merely a sport, it’s a religion, a delicate emotion for Indians. When the cricket tournament begins, it sets all the cricket fanatics into a frenzy, as they prepare to root for their favorite team and cricket players along with their family and friends. If you are also an ardent cricket fan who is looking for ways to make the cricket-watching experience with your family even more fun and interesting, then let us give you some ideas.
- Create handmade invites: In the era where everything is dominated by technology, making handmade invites come as a pleasant change. You can involve your children in this activity, and they will be more than happy to lend a helping hand to complete the task. Sending personalized invitation cards to friends and cousins will only make them more excited to watch the match along with you.
- Arrange a big screen: Nothing compares to the excitement of watching an important cricket match on a big screen. If you don’t have a large screen T.V, then explore connecting a projector to your television. You can check with your friends if they have a projector that you can borrow, or even investing in a new one is also a good idea, given the fact that it can help you create a mini home theater feeling at home. Once you have installed a projector, cozy up with your family to enjoy a nail-biting match.
- Become a cheerleader: Do you know what makes a cricket match complete? It’s the cheerleaders. Even if you are watching the match at home on a screen, become the cheerleader of your team. You can make colorful pomp-poms at home using streamers, and paper. Each time the team hits a four, six or takes a wicket, wave these in the air with a personalized dance step. Get your friends and family also to join you to make the whole experience entertaining.
- Match the décor to the mood: Use game-related items to decorate your home to create a more ‘crickety’ atmosphere. You can stick posters of your favorite cricketers on the living room walls. To make it more thrilling design pluck cards along with your family and friends to write down wishes, and quotes for your cricket team.
- Order food and drinks: Cricket matches require your uninterrupted attention. Don’t be dashing in and out of the kitchen to get drinks and snacks for you and your family during every commercial break. Instead, pick up your phone and order from Dominos! A cricket match-watching experience is incomplete without a slice of piping hot pizza loaded with cheese that instantly melts in your mouth. Dominos has different pizza sizes available to choose from. The regular pizza size has 4 slices that serve one, the medium size has 6 slices that can be shared by two people, and a large pizza with 8 slices is good for a family of 4. The best part about ordering pizza is that everyone loves it, even the pickiest eater gobbles it down without any complaints and it’s not messy. You can pick from the traditional menu offerings like the Farm house Pizza or you can even customize the toppings on the pie as per your taste. Don’t forget to order the most loyal pizza partner- fizzy drinks along.
- Dress up for the match: You can also take your love and craze for cricket to the next level by wearing the team jersey and painting the national flag or team colors on your face. This activity is not only entertaining, but it also encourages everyone in the family to be more creative.
- Conduct a cricket trivia quiz: Try to come up with some cricket-related quiz questions to keep your family and friends occupied during the half-time break. You can start by quizzing your family about the teams and players involved in that match might be fun. Consider including rewards such as chocolates or gift certificates to ensure that the entire family is engaged. Create teams, compete, and include your kids in the excitement!
Creating a fun vibe during the whole time is the key to keeping your cricket night lively and entertaining.