The Who's Who In Digital Transformation Consulting
Back To Basics
When I kicked off the preparation for this blog, I designed the layout and had my content flow all mapped out. However, once I started researching the content, I instantly realized how intimidating all the terms, phrases and stats can be for someone not absolutely fluent in consulting or technology terms. It is for this reason that I have decided to start back with basics. Making it easy for anyone to follow and employ as the foundation for further research.
Growth In IoT
We have seen a steady expansion, continued development and overall transformation in technology in the last decade alone. It comes as no surprise that there has been a remarkable shift in how a business operates in the digital age. From smartphones to smart watches, more than 55% of the world's population has internet access. It estimated that by 2018 there were more than 23 billion IoT devices connected. It is further predicted that this figure will reach up to 75 billion by 2025.
Understanding Digital Technologies
Digital Transformation Consulting has fast gained attention in every industry, from medical developments to customer service. Digital technologies can include:
- Fibre Optics
- Cellphone technology
- Personal Computing
An example of digital technology, which most of us will know and use is digital media which is in software, video games, social media, digital audio, and electronic books.
Eventually, in one way or another, innovative digital technology will undoubtedly influence the way every business in every industry operates.
Understanding Digital Transformation
Digital transformation is about improving practices, strategizing and ultimately increasing profits through adopting technology and ultimately reaching technological maturity. The fundamental transformation represents an intricate, elaborate process that typically marks a significant shift in the business through the functional integration of technology. This ultimately affects every aspect of an organization. Digital Transformation Consultancy can include a multiplicity of services under any number of categories, including:
- Interactive Marketing
- Online shopping
- Manufacturing and sustainable production
- Efficient operations & Performance
Digital Transformation Consultants
The responsibilities of a Digital Transformation Consultant can typically include:
- Identifying digital solutions
- Developing strategies
- Project management
Skills & Requirements
There are a variety of skills required to fulfill the role of a digital transformation consultant which includes:
- Technical Skills if applying for a specialist position
- Critical thinking & innovatives
- Excellent communication skills
- Creative leadership
- Data analytic skills
Preparing for the digital transformation case interview is much like preparing for any other case interview. It takes planning, preparation, and case practice. Support and resources like case interview coaching can also help identify any areas that you require to focus on during the preparation.
Based on the information from a recent article about the lead innovative consultancies, the following highlights the overall market, approach and strategies of the top 5 consultancies.
- MBB is the ideal choice for a varied group of international companies through providing a varied randamental role of a digital transformation consultant is to identify the benefits and opportunities of integrating digital technologies through assessing and identifying gaps in service infrastructure and systems.They offer a range of digital transformation services including:
- McKinsey Digital Labs strengths lie in utilizing a digital transformation framework driven by a multidisciplinary of talented professionals with extensive experience in a diverse range of specialized services.
- BCG Gamma has driven the digital transformation through data science and analytics to provide products and implement comprehensive tailored solutions.
- Bain’s digital strategies have adopted a comprehensive all-inclusive framework to approach every principal aspect of the digital transformation ranging from strategy to rolling out the proposed solutions.
- Innosight’s consulting strategy includes reversing the customary approach from analyzing past data to using a predictive model to forecast insights.
- Named the 120th fastest growing company in 2017, Bionic Consulting Solutions adopts the collective approach to guide the evolution mindset, methods and abilities to bridge the gaps between technology and consumer behavior.
Read More News: