Doddappa Nisty: A Social Entrepreneur with Broader Vision
Date: Monday , December 28, 2015
Brain Drain - the word that is one of the rising issues for many developing countries, are rarely addressed by any. According to stats, unable to meet the unreasonable expectations of IT industry, around 80 percent of CS & IS graduates in villages and tier-3 cities are forced to give up their dreams and settle for any other options. On the other hand, the remaining 20 percent migrate to metro cities or other countries, precipitating a grave issue of brain drain. While everyone is turning a blind eye towards this crisis, Doddappa Nisty (CEO, Minds Solvit) transformed his long-standing vision of giving back to the community into reality by revamping his city Kalaburagi (a backward region situated in Hyderabad-Karnataka region) into an IT hub. Well known as an agricultural city, Kalaburagi has become an educational hub with schools and many colleges offering professional courses, fairly owing to Doddappa\'s family, which commenced many colleges in the region to quell the brain drain.
A year after Doddappa got his MBA degree he carried on this legacy in partnership with Dr Nooruddin Hasan who also had envisioned the same idea by establishing Minds Solvit, an innovative IT enterprise specializing in software development and software QA services,. Though the need to setup the first IT Company in the region boosted his confidence to establish Minds Solvit, acquiring exceptional candidates and international clients was easier said than done. Proving his mettle, not only he brought back skilled individuals who had previously worked for MNCs in metro cities, to Kalaburagi for leading the overlooked freshers, but also employed an effective long-term strategy for business, which propelled Minds Solvit ahead of its competitors on global platform. Doddappa\'s broader vision also garnered numerous accolades such as Indian Leadership Award for Industrial Development- 2014 in All India Achievers Foundation in Delhi and Fastest Growing Indian Company Excellence Award by International Achievers Conference held at Bangkok, Thailand among others.
Being a Good Human Being Firsthand
\"One cannot become a successful individual without being a good human being,\" proclaims Doddappa. Hence, he attempts to influence his kids with ways of life in the same way he was inspired by his parents Sri Sharanabasappa V.Nisty and Smt Shantala Nisty; His highly supportive family, who has always been the driving force behind Doddappa, permits him to be both a dedicated entrepreneur and a dedicated family-man. Strongly believing that constantly training oneself with appropriate traits & knowledge is imperative to make the company bigger and stronger, Doddappa continues to generate & explore new business ideas. Advocating that leaders must appreciate their team\'s effort in achieving organizational goals, he has crafted a workplace with creative freedom and operates as a people\'s manager, rather than being a process manager.
Learning from Hardships
Though always manifest, it was in college that Doddappa\'s passion for entrepreneurship increased manifold, which led him to instigate multiple businesses. He used to spend ample time to understand and analyse in what way his earlier businesses could have worked better and shaped his latter ventures accordingly. Though he had found his calling with a successful venture called Sri Nisty Automotives, before embarking on Minds Solvit, he convinced himself that once the business has reached a decent level, it would no longer require his overall presence. But, this perfectionist ended up with shouldering the pressure of sailing two ships at once. Having successfully accomplished his vision, Doddappa shares the philosophy that drove him to pinnacle as follows: Take time to build your relationships. Know your strengths & weaknesses. Knowledge of issues, process and technologies makes a big difference. Be a team player and always be ready to go that extra mile. One can easily point out these in the DNA of Minds Solvit.