Conquering Cloud Challenges with Cloud Analytics
Date: Thursday , March 24, 2016
Based in Bengaluru, ActOnMagic was incepted in January 2014. The startup basically serves data-driven hybrid cloud management platform for enterprises, SMBs and startups.
Startup has to count every penny spent - starting from operations, marketing budget to servers where they host their application, apps or website. Thanks to the rise of public-cloud adoption among Startups and SMEs that gave them the power to build powerful solution just like big giants in their spaces. Cloud is one of the top 10 priorities for every CIOs being startups or enterprises in any organization, as reported by a Gartner study.
Public Cloud Solutions bring the scale at affordable cost for everyone. 80 percent of new workload created by organizations will be on the public cloud. With just Rs.350, one can run their websites for a month.
Setting cloud infrastructure for startups is as scary as it gets these days. This one little detail can completely determine the fate of startup. If startups will set their cloud server too low, they will find users are not able to access their infrastructure at peak time or are not able download their apps. Many startups face this challenge and lose the trust of few prospects which they manage to bring after too many efforts.
But on the contrary it too high - they are losing cash on your un-utilized cloud infrastructure which they would have better utilized. Not only startups but enterprises too are facing the challenges of such scenarios. However enterprises have been much slower to adopt public cloud infrastructure, particularly for production workloads. The reasons include:
• Security Concerns: Many organizations must comply with internal or industry regulations related to data privacy, and storing production data in the cloud could be an issue.
• Existing Investments: Every CIO agrees that Cloud-First is the winning-strategy; however they have already invested in their existing infrastructure, which should yield ROI before they can fully migrated their workloads to cloud.
• Vendor Lock-in: Enterprise IT managers are concerned that they will be locked-in to a particular public cloud provider, with no-way to move out.
To address some of these concerns, many enterprises adopt hybrid cloud or multi-cloud approach. IDG surveyed 200 IT and business decision makers. Data says
• 74 percent expect to adopt a hybrid or Cloud-only approach to their analytics solution over next 3 years.
• 68 percent intend to investigate, analyze or actively plan to deploy cloud analytics solution over the coming year.
• 15 percent utilize one or more cloud analytics solution today.
So, cloud analytics lets IT and business decision makers to choose the right cloud service and ensure the demand versus supply on their IT solution is met optimally, render IT as a service and transform IT as a business driver, than, a cost center.
There are number of public cloud and private cloud solutions available, it entirely depends on organization\'s needs in order to choose right strategy conquer their cloud challenges. Answer to the following question would help decision makers to derive the answer:
• Should we run our workload only on on-premise due to compliance and regulations?
• Should our workloads require to be run on a particular public cloud?
• Do we run legacy applications?
• Can we predict demands of your predicable?
• Have we already invested in our own data center or servers?
If the answer is \'NO\' to all of the above, then, cloud-only solution; otherwise, Hybrid Cloud solution would be a logical answer. One of the recent surveys suggest that \'Lack Of Talent to manage cloud/IT\' is one of the top challenges for IT and Business decision makers. One can address this by adopting a suitable vendor-neutral automation / cloud-analytics solution.
Cloud Analytics enables IT decision makers to adapt, support, manage and conquer their organization\'s cloud challenges.