The Work Culture & Recruitment Policies in Start-Ups
Date: Friday , June 03, 2016
Headquartered in Indore, the 2008-born CapitalVia is a financial market research and consulting company, which provides live trading recommendations in Equities, Commodities & Forex-based on technical research
Culture is an attribute of any organization where each team member is the owner of the environment and process related. Often, startups find it difficult when creating talent pool for the first time. It becomes like a big challenge always to judge the right talent who possess right skills for the required role. Initially it is budget, which is prime concern where startups end up finding people having lesser skill set than it actually requires.
Culture emerges from few factors usually -Brand values which define business style, personality founder members exhibit, example they demonstrate of being engaged with their goals and work, individuals being recruited by the company. The same is to be practiced by every individual and take it as a belief. It will help growing environment healthier and stronger.
Startup founders must focus on their networks and personal reputation to attract top talent. Do a market skimming where talent is available and mark your presence there. One can get associated with professional associations, or have an active social media presence and a website that represents the values of the business. Attractive job postings using LinkedIn or other appropriate sites can help in finding both active and passive job seekers to your site.
Few pointers the startups must consider during infancy period to grow in the 21st century:
- Business Values to be Valued: Organization values should be defined in the beginning of company\'s life cycle. Everyone must stick to them. This will help guide the hiring practices and keep culture consistent as company scales. It will help startups to grow keeping its value always as the prime objective to be achieved.
- Transparency & Integrity is the Key: Processes, traditions being followed in organization, what is being done, why it is being done, how it is being done; these are few things every employee seeks to be acquainted with. However, most of the time, the employee is unaware of these facts in case of startups being a new body seeking for established practices to adapt and follow. Being transparent will help employees to have clear understanding of processes and will surely result in trust building.
- Connection is Required: A startup has to do a lot at one point of time and has many things to concentrate on. Few things goes with, few go against. It has nothing in abundance. Refining a sturdy and spirited culture from the commencement of building a company is precarious. When you focus, devote time and truly care about building a healthy environment, the end result will be having a productive workforce, completely engaged and fully satisfied too. Building networking and teamwork are perhaps few of the important characteristics for success in today\'s corporate world and it is advised to practice it right from the time it starts hunting and creating talent pool to the personal interview to almost every day of work.
- Teamwork: Team-work is translated as to take more responsibility for the roles being played. Companies that practice and focus on the importance of team work through various advantageous programs and other tends to nurture employee companionship and better working relationships.
- Resource Management: People resources are to be aligned properly with the available projects. Accumulation and reduction of resources is usually a complex matter now-a-days. Resources in excess will add to higher fixed costs while unavailability of adequate no of resources may result in bitterness.
- Hierarchies: Startups have to be careful while designing hierarchies to manage its people resources. Sometimes having too many and at the same time a strict hierarchy might hit it rather than supporting existing structures.