About K L UNIVERSITY
Vijayawada is located on the banks of river Krishna in the state of Andhra Pradesh and is historically a cultural, political and educational center. The city is well connected by National Highway and Rail with Chennai (440 km), Hyderabad (275 km), Vizag (385 km) and is a central junction for trains running from North to South India. Daily flights operate from Hyderabad and Bangalore. K L University
is situated in a spacious 50-acre campus on the banks of Buckingham Canal of river Krishna, eight kilometers from Vijayawada city.
Built within a rural setting of lush green fields, the Institute is a virtual paradise of pristine nature and idyllic beauty. The campus has been aptly named “Green Fields” and the splendid avenue of trees and gardens bear testimony to importance of ecology and environment. The campus ambiance is most befitting for scholastic pursuits. The Institute has a built up area of around 10,00,000 sq. ft. and has over 84 laboratories. History of K L UNIVERSITY K L University
is a pioneer in the field of engineering education and research in private sector in the state of Andhra Pradesh. It was established as Koneru Lakshmaiah College of Engineering in the year 1980. The college was made Autonomous in the year 2006 and in 2009 it is accorded Deemed to be University status. HALL MARKS OF K L UNIVERSITY
- All UG programs of KLCE(The Constituent College of KLU) are accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA) of AICTE, 6 of them for 5 years only private engineering institution in Andhra Pradesh to get 6 branches accredited for 5 years.
- KLCE is accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) of UGC with ‘A’ grade with a CGPA of 3.76 on 4 point scale – the highest CGPA for any engineering institute in INDIA.
- The institute is recognized as a public funded research institute by DSIR of Government of India a recognition for the excellent research environment in the institute.
- The faculty of the institute, numbering 525+ out of which 115+ doctorates and 250+ pursuing their Ph.Ds is one of the best in any engineering institute.
- A mentor is allotted for each 20 students to counsel the student in their academic as well as personal problems.
- KLU has a separate Communication & Soft Skills (CSS) Dept. with more than 40 professional trainers.
- Advisory board in every department with top academicians from IITs & foreign universities and eminent personalities from industries.
- KLU has a strong industry Relations & Placement Department (IRP) and has been consistent in achieving 100% placements for the past eight years.
- Freshman Engineering Dept.(FED) is a unique feature for 1st year Engineering students.
- A separate student welfare and guidance division headed by Dean-student welfare.
- 84 laboratories of various Departments to perform 107 different lab activities.
- 145 Mbps hi-speed internet connectivity round the clock in the campus and in the hostels.
- Discipline is the hallmark with 100% regging free environment.
- Centres of Excellence in association with Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, CISCO(CCNA), Adobe, ZENSAR lab, Altair, NI LabView , and Nuclear Energy Centre
- Entrepreneurship Cell in association with IIT Madras.
- Yoga and Meditation classes for the students.
- Technology forums & hobby clubs for students.
- Excellent facilities with international standards for all kinds of indoor & outdoor games & sports with coaches for all major games & sports.
FLEXIBLE ACADEMIC SYSTEM
- Research Oriented Problem solving Techniques.
• Acceleration and Deceleration
• Credit Transfer
• Elective courses
• Integrated Program
• Degree with Specialization
• Major and Minor Degree RESEARCH AT KL UNIVERSITY
- 42 Research Groups
- 20 Research Centers
• Center for advanced Computing
• Embedded systems Excellence Center
• Computer networking Center
• Data warehousing and mining center
• Center for applied research in electronics (CARE)
• Liquid Crystal Research Center (LCRE)
• Opto Electronics and Photo Acoustic Research Center (OE & PA)
• Center for intelligent systems
• Aero Space Communication Research Center (ASCOR)
• Advanced Research Center (ARC)
• Center for Diagnostic Studies
• Center for Alternate Fuels
• Center for Robotics & Mechtronics
• Center for Bio-process Technology (CBPT)
• Center for Bio-Pharmaceutical Chemistry (CPMB)
• Science and Humanities Advanced Research Center (SHARE)
• Pattern recognition and algorithms
• Energy Research Centre
• VLSI Center
• Center for signal processing SPECIAL LABS at K L UNIVERSITY
• IBM Centre of Excellence
• Microsoft i-spark
• Adobe Centre of Excellence
• CISCO Lab
• Virtual industry lab
• Computer Associates Centre of Excellence
• KLU Open Academy Lab
• Microsoft IT Academy
• Oracle IT Academy Lab
• Multimedia and Animation Center
• Advanced Bio-Tech Labs with R & D Centers
• Altair Hyperworks Design Center
• Nuclear Energy & Aerospace Centre
• NI Center of Excellence & Lab VIEW Academy Post Graduate Programs 1. M.Tech Duration : 2 Years
2. Structural Engineering
3. Computer Science & Engineering
4. Computer Networks & Security
5. Communication & Radar Systems
7. Embedded Systems
8. Power Electronics & Drives
9. Power Systems
10. Computer Aided Design(CAD)
11. Thermal Engineering
12. Nuclear Engineering 2. Master of Business Administration (MBA) 2 Years Functional Specializations
• Human Resources Management Sectoral Specializations
• Foreign Trade
• IT Enabled Services(ITES)
• Health Care
• Insurance 3. Master of Business Administration MBA (Accounting & Finance) 2 Years 4. Master of Business Administration MBA (Technology Management) 2 Years Fee structure:
Refer our Website:www.kluniversity.in Merit Scholar ships:
For B.tech upto 100% Fee waiver based on the ranks in KLUEEE,EAMCET,AIEEE,IIT-JEE-2012 available
For full Details visit our website:www.kluniversity.im
Ph no: 08645 – 246948/246615,0866-2577715,9666637612/613/614/615/616