Murugan Manibabu is a member of:
Which company you are currently working and current profile and responsibilities?
Currently I am working as Senior Test Engineer with Mphasis an HP company in Chennai.
Currently I am playing a role of SME in my current project.
Experience in QA
Currently I am working in Banking domain. I have around 2 years experience in banking domain and my total experience is 7.3 years in software testing in both Manual and automation testing.
MY current location is Chennai.
I want to be a test lead with more focus on quality using tools.
1. Chosen Testing as my career itself important career decision.
2. Done certifications (ISTQB)
3. Worked in different domains and involved in different kinds of testing.
Journey in the corporate world
I started my carrier as tester in IBM as a contractor. Within short span of time I learned/understand the importance of testing.Involved in different kinds of testing and involved in automation testing.
I was a great learning experience with IBM. I improved lot in technically.
Then I joined Mphasis, Its a great team and good project with lot of challenges.
Different role I was playing worked in different kind of projects.
Still I am keep learning to improve the quality.
I want to keep updated with new technology and keep improve the quality of the application which I am working.
1. Keep updating the new technology and new things coming regarding testing.
Example (Reading Silicon India site for the update for whats happening in QA field.)
2. Keep improving my automation scripting work, framework design.
Situation where you played important role as a team player
1. Since I am a senior Test Engineer, apart from my assigned tasks I used to help the new/existing resources to complete their tasks and clarified their queries.
2. Share the knowledge with the team.
Your success mantra
Yes, I feel that I am successful in my carrier and satisfied with what I am doing so far.
Involvement in the Industry
1. I have worked in different testing tools (Winrunner, QTP, Load runner)
2. Many Internal trainings on Testing and tools (QTP & QC, Manual testing topics)
3. Trained many new resources in testing.
Changes in professional environment
Many things changed from the starting period of my carrier, Nowadays there's no employee friendly, corporate IT has changed lot. earlier we used to get lot like, frequent team outing, bonus, good hike, new opportunities. We feel good and enjoyed.
Nowadays it is not easy.
Excellence of Testing Professionals
1. Need to have interest/confident to do any task.
2. Need to thing from the customer point of view.
3. try to destruct the application/product.
4. Good communication skills.
Challenges with QA domain
1. Keep changes in the technology/new tool, need to update and improve the skills.
2. Need to have good communication skills otherwise we can't survive.
3. Need to have good analytic skills.
Advice for upcoming professionals
1. Flexible to learn new testing Technic and tools.
2. Keep focus on improving quality, for good quality there always be reorganization.
Advice for Additional Certifications
Yes, It is important to do have certification in testing as well as in testing tools.
2. ISTQB, CSTE, QTP certification etc.
1. I always used to search in Google to know about any new things (including testing).
2. I also used to watch Silicon India site to see the industrial updates.