javascript
Brief description  about Online courses   join in Online courses
View Manish Kumar 's Profile

how to connect the computers with out internet connection

i am trying to connect the network cables to different systems how to connect them with out hub? i want to connect them from my master system means client and server base, any body can help me?
Asked by Manish Kumar | Apr 7, 2010 |  Reply now
Replies (2)
View tony ramasami 's Profile
To have a real LAN network please use A switch
Jul 9, 2014
View ccna-teacher t 's Profile
Hi yasho mithra S,

its a good question. every one will get this doubt, because it is basic concept in networking.

There are two options – you can either buy a router or, if you are looking for something more simple and don’t want to spend money on new networking hardware, you can connect the two computers using a commonly-available cable. The latter method doesn’t involve any complicated network settings and you will still be able to share files, internet connection, and even printers between computers.

Before connecting the two computers with a physical cable, make sure that both machine are using the same workgroup*. Here is step-by-step guide that explains how you can change the workgroup of your computers.

Changing workgroup in Windows XP – From the Start menu, right-click “My Computer.” Select Properties in the drop-down menu, and then select the second tab that says “Computer Name” from the System Properties window. Now click the “Change…” button, enter a unique Workgroup name and reboot your computer.

Now that the workgroups are same for both computers, connect the two computers together using the Ethernet crossover cable. Simply plug-in one end of the crossover cable into the network adapter of Computer A and connect the other end of the cable to the network adapter of Computer B.

Windows will automatically recognize the new network, and you can now easily view files and folder that the other computer has shared. Simply open Networks from the Start Menu (or the Control Panel), and you should see the other computer by its name. You can then browse any shared files on the other computer, and can even utilize shared printers.

i think you got solution for your doubts.
Apr 8, 2010