The Enterprise Content management (ECM) solutions space in India is yet to expand to bring major organizations within its ambit. This particular area of business has not seen many remarkable players yet. The Bangalore based R2K Software India Private Limited focuses on ECM and Business Process Management (BPM) solutions to a wide range of industries that include finance and banking, insurance, healthcare, manufacturing, and government. It offers its customers a range of services including new enterprise implementations, solution consulting, application support, and ECM education services.
Established five years ago R2K India, a wholly owned subsidiary of R2K, caters to customers in North America through its parent company, and to markets outside North America directly. It plays a key role in the group’s global outsourcing strategy, increases its project capacity, and further strengthens the group’s competitive edge in the expanding market. The headquarters of the company in New York City provides engineering, project, and account management to engagements in America. The company guides the design and progression of work, using quality metrics across the project lifecycle to ensure recurrent project success.
Market segment served and the competitive edge
Customers seek a solutions provider to deploy technology to serve their business goals and expect the solutions to be reliable, robust, scalable, and be an aid to increase productivity. R2K’s solutions meet exactly these expectations.
R2K has a very wide scope for its solutions in the global ECM market. According to market statistics, only about 20 percent of any organizations data is in the structured form and is managed by core business applications. This leaves 80 percent of the organization’s information scattered in unstructured form and is available only on paper documents, emails, and various other office documents. Managing information in such disparate forms is always a time and effort consuming task for organizations. Application solutions from R2K help its customers address exactly this problem. R2K India’s customers are predominantly from banking, financial services, and insurance (BFSI), real estate, manufacturing, healthcare, and IT and ITES services industries.
R2K India has grown to be an established name in a growing ECM solutions and services market. There is a lot of stirring that is taking place in the ECM sphere of late. Until about two years ago, small companies dominated the ECM products sphere. The potential future opportunities in this specialty area have convinced IT majors like IBM, Oracle, EMC2, and Microsoft to join the bandwagon recently. The interest shown by such IT pioneers in any particular domain of business naturally makes everyone turn their heads in that direction. This happened in the ECM space in the recent years when IBM acquired FileNet, EMC2 acquired Documentum and Captiva Software, and Oracle acquired Stellent.