AboutNoida Institute of Engineering and Technology:
Noida Institute of Engineering and Technology (NIET) was established in the year 2001 at Greater NOIDA (in the national capital region) in the state of Uttar Pradesh. Initially, it started with 4 UG Engineering Programs. The institute is being run by City Educational &Social Welfare Society, Meerut formed by dedicated and likeminded professionals (mainly Doctors & Engineers).
Noida Institute of Engineering and Technology is located at the nerve centre of the industries and IT Park at Greater Noida. It has expressway connectivity with New Delhi and Noida. Initially, it was spearheaded by Leading educationist Late. Shri. C.S Agarwal (Secretary, UP Board) and now it runs under the hegemony of Dr. O.P. Agarwal who is a leading Physician of Northern India. Dr. O. P. Agarwal is also the Founder Chairman & Managing Director of this institution and other ventures which mainly includes Hospitals. The present administrative and academic head of the institution is Prof. (Dr.) Yaduvir Singh who is a renowned academician. In the past, Prof. (Dr.) Yaduvir Singh has served several prestigious technical institutions and universities like Thapar University, Harcourt Butler Technological Institute, G B Pant Engineering College and N E Regional Institute of Science and Technology.
Noida Institute of Engineering and Technology (NIET) is affiliated to the Mahamaya Technical University at NOIDA. The institute has ten departments of study viz. Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Department of Information Technology, Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Department of Chemical Engineering, Department of Civil Engineering, Department of Biotechnology, Department of Applied Science and Humanities, Department of Master of Business Administration and Department of Master of Computer Applications.
The institute is proud host of several prestigious state and central government centres like IGNOU study cum examination centre, entrepreneur development cell, industry institute interaction cell etc. For bridging the gap between academia and industry, we have Pyramid Finishing School in the institute. This finishing school provides a smooth interface between the academics and the industry. It provides the students a smooth transition and thus puts them in good stead in their professional domain.
The vision statement of the institute is as following.
“To be an institute of academic excellence in the field of education, with future plan of becoming a deemed university, earn name & hence win faith of the society.”
The mission statement of the institute is as following.
“To impart to its students high quality education, develop their skills, broaden their mental horizon, and nurture them into competent & talented professionals to meet the challenges of the new millennium.”
Institute offers eight (08) undergraduate courses in engineering in the disciplines of Computer Science and Engineering, Information Technology, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering and Biotechnology.
Institute offers seven (07) postgraduate courses in engineering in the disciplines of Software Engineering, VLSI Technology, CAD, Computer Science and Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Power Electronics.
The other postgraduate courses offered by the institute are Master of Business Administration and Master of Computer Applications.
The institute offers run and independent programme of Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM).
NIET has gained image as an educational colossal among technical institutes because of its placement commitments. An exclusive Career Management Centre (CMC) is developed to have an interface between the Institute and Industries. In this centre membership programmes are arranged to provide most creative brains to the industries. These programmes are conducted by highly experienced people from industries to develop students functional capabilities, leadership skills and strategic and cognitive thinking. CMC centrally handles campus placement of the graduating students of all departments.
The philosophy behind Industry-Institute collaboration is to develop sharing of resources, feedback & inputs to full the Mission of the Institute. It helps to improve knowledge an emerging technologies and problem solving skills. Beyond that project are jointly designed & menitored industrial staff is trained in the Institute and institute staff is provide exposure in industry.
Personality development programs are gaining popularity all around. PDPs ae organized from time to time to improve confidence level, communication skills, aptitude skills, leadership, strategic, team work skills, discipline, problem solving, strategic thinking, value addition, cross cultural understanding and hence the probability of employment.
NIET has commendable track record of organizing the pool campuses since 2005. We have organized more than 150 pool campuses; off-campus and exclusive campus drives successfully for the following companies in the last five years.
GULATI GLASS PVT. LTD
HYDERABAD INDUSTRY LTD
J-ART BROADBAND , JAPAN
KEANE INDIA LTD.
TIKONA DIGITAL NETWORKS
UNION BANK O INDIA
ZAZU NETWORKS, BANGLORE
and many more…
Some of NIET achievements:
- 120 organizations offered campus placements to the students of NIET in session 2011-2012, for BATCH 2012 already 500 plus candidates had been placed with prestigious organizations.
- 168 students were selected by TCS from 2012 passing out batch.
- UNION BANK OF INDIA & ING VYSYA BANK conducted campus selection drive at NIET and selected 7 & 41 students respectively of Management department.
- NIET students are performing good enough to be among the toppers of the UP Technical University, Lucknow. The performance of NIET can be envisaged by the very fact that eight out of first ten rank holders in M.Tech (Software Engg) UPTU Examination were NIETians.
- In 2011-12 under Industry-Academia Partnership, NASSCOM in collaboration with Headstrong & Impetus has endorsed NIET as a Co-Partner for live projects.
- Students of NIET participated at NASA in “The Great Moonbuggy Race 2009”, organized by NASA,US Space & Rocket Centre, Huntsville, Alabama, USA on 3rd & 4th April 09. The NIET team was the first & only team to represent U.P. Technical University and to grab the lightest Moonbuggy credential.
- NIET Robotics teams participated for Robotics Competitions at more than 50 places in India and were among the top three medal winners at most of the places.
- NIET is the First HP Excellence Center in North India. The Excellence Center offers best facilities for research in parallel computation, graphics and online examinations.
- NIET is running very fast on the track of research goals. The Center of Excellence in Nanotechnology in collaboration with Carlsys Technologies, Singapore has gained a wide recognition in a very short span of time.
- The Institute is the only Institute to regularly organize the Seminars and Workshops for academic upliftment.
- IDC-India (in DATA QUEST) has placed NIET among Centers of Excellence in Higher Education. The magazine has specifically mentioned that the Institution is fructifying their vision and is running in top gear to fulfill the need of industries.
To know more- Click Here
© 2014 InfoConnect Web Technologies India Pvt Ltd. all rights reserved